Col. Lisa A. Nemeth is the Commander, 146th Airlift Wing, Channel Islands Air National Guard Station, California. The wing is equipped with 8 C-130J aircraft and supports the State of California, the Air National Guard, and the United States Air Force. She leads and directs more than 1,200 permanent and part-time personnel and is responsible for 18 subordinate groups, squadrons, and flights. The 146th Airlift Wing is tasked to support worldwide mobility and combat operations as well as emergency response, domestic operations and defense support to civil authorities for the community, state and nation.
Col. Nemeth graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aeronautical Engineering. She attended undergraduate pilot training at Columbus AFB Miss. and earned her wings in 1996. During her career, Col. Nemeth has supported numerous operations including OPERATIONS NORTHERN WATCH, JOINT FORGE, ALLIED FORCE, NOBLE EAGLE, and IRAQI FREEDOM. Prior to her current position, the colonel was the Air National Guard (ANG) Advisor to the Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
1995, Bachelors of Science, Aeronautical Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2000, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
2001, Masters in Business Administration, Colorado State University
2004, Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2009, School of Advanced Military Studies, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2009, Masters of Military Arts and Sciences, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2010, Air War College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015, Master of Science, Joint Campaign Planning and Strategy, Joint Forces Staff College, National Defense University, Naval Support Activity-Hampton Roads, Va.
1.November 1995–December 1996, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Class 97-02, 14th Flying Training Wing, Columbus Air Force Base (AFB), Miss.
2.January 1996-April 1997, Student KC-135R Combat Crew Training, Altus AFB, Okla.
3.May 1997–August 1999, Pilot, KC-135R, 91st Air Refueling Squadron, MacDill AFB Fla.
4.August 1999–December 2001, KC-135 Instructor Pilot, Chief of Scheduling, and Chief of Training, 22d Air Refueling Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, ID.
5.December 2001–May 2002, Flight Commander, 22d Air Refueling Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, ID.
6. May 2002–Nov 2003, Flight Commander and T-37 Instructor Pilot, 84th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, TX.
7. Nov 2003–Feb 2005, Chief, Wing Programming, T-6 Instructor Pilot, and Assistant Director of Operations, 47th Operations Support Squadron, Laughlin AFB, TX.
8. February 2005–November 2005, Director of Staff, 47th Flying Training Wing, Laughlin AFB, TX.
9. November 2006–June 2007, Delivery Control Officer, Air Combat Command, Air Operations Squadron Detachment 1, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
10. June 2007-June 2008, Student, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
11. July 2008–May 2009, Student, School of Advanced Military Studies, Army Command and Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
12. June 2009-February 2011, Wargaming Branch Chief, Concepts, Strategy and Wargaming Division, Directorate of Operational Planning, Policy and Strategy, Headquarters, United States Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2011–June 2012, Operations Officer, 91st Air Refueling Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
14. June 2012–June 2014, Commander, 91st Air Refueling Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
15. June 2014-June 2015, Student, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, National Defense University, Naval Support Activity-Hampton Roads, Va.
16. June 2015–July 2016, Deputy Chief, Operations Plans Division and European Command/Africa Command Regional Adversary Team Lead, United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
17. August 2016-June 2017, United States Transportation Command Liaison Officer to United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
18. July 2017-February 2019, Commander, 6th Operations Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
19. February 2019-May 2020, Air National Guard Advisor to the Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
20. June 2020-Present, Commander, 146th Airlift Wing, Channel Islands Air National Guard Station, Calif.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 3,000
Aircraft flown: T-6A, T-37B, T-38A, KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal