Collapse All Expand All
 Base Lodging

Is there base lodging, if not, where do I stay? 

While the 146th Airlift Wing does not have its own base lodging there are two nearby bases that can offer lodging for TDY, stays at the base, or even for leisure. The Navy Gateway Inn Port Hueneme and Point Mugu offer both TDY and leisure housing for military members. 
While both these locations offer lodging for members, if there are any questions regarding where you need to stay and are a member of the 146th, don't forget to contact Billeting at 805-986-7829.
 General Information

How can I contact military personnel?

The Air Force World Wide Locator offered by the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense (DoD). All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.

The Air Force World Wide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the USAF (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired, and Civil Service Personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. To obtain or find out more information about the service, you can contact AFPC at:

550 C Street West Suite 50
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752 Phone:
Commercial (210) 565-2660
Military to Military DSN 665-2660 Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays)
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time) e-mail:

If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, call your local Red Cross chapter, click on "Your local Red Cross" and enter your zip code.


I have questions about the Air National Guard or the National Guard Bureau. How do I get answers?

National Guard Almanac (30th Ed, 2004), Copies can be purchased for $8.50 + $3.50 shipping. Contact: UNIFORMED SERVICES ALMANAC, INC., P.O. Box 4144-Z, Falls Church, VA 22044-0144. Phone: 703-532-1631.


I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?

Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board.

To find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily website. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.


What are my benefits as a National Guardsman?

For information on the benefits of being an Air Guardsman, visit the Air Reserve Personnel Center website.
 Honor Guard

How do I request an Honor Guard?

How do I request an Honor Guard at an event? 
The 146th Airlift Wing is ready to support community events involving presentations of the American flag. To request an Honor Guard at a community event, please contact Technical Sgt. Luis Morales Talento at 805-986-7937.

To request honor guard support at a military funeral, contact the Travis Air Force Base Elite Honor Guard at 707-424-5872.

How do I join the 146 AW Honor Guard? 
The 146th Airlift Wing is always accepting applications for honor guard members. To find out more information, contact Technical Sgt. Luis Morales Talento at 805-986-7937.
 ID Cards

How do I obtain an ID Card?

DEERS/RAPIDS ID Card center: 

146th Airlift Wing 
100 Mulcahey Dr., Bldg 100 
Channel Islands, Ca 
(805) 986-7470 

Customer Service Hours:
Mon-Fri: 0900-1500
UTA: 0900-1500

ID Card FAQs: 
- DEERS: Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System 
- RAPIDS: Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System 
- CAC: Common Access Card (used to log on securely to DoD networks, systems, and Web sites; access Public Key infrastructure (PKI)-compliant systems; encrypt and electronically "sign" emails and documents) 
- For new enlistments and/or re-enlistments requires a copy of their DD Form 4 contract 
- Civilian contractor requires a copy of their contract renewal 
- Recently married requires a Marriage license, spouses Social Security card and birth certificate 
- Divorced requires a divorce decree. 
- Recently had a baby requires their Social Security card and birth 
- Children ages 10 to 21 receive an ID Card, up to age 23 if their a full-time student. 
- Promoted requires a Promotion Order. 
- ID cards can only be renewed if within 30 days of their expiration date.
- Please call and make an appointment. 
 Joining the Air National Guard

How do I find out what will be expected of me at basic training?

For information on basic military training, visit the U.S. Air Force Basic Training web page.


How do I join the Air National Guard?

The first step in joining the Air National Guard is to talk to a Recruiter. You can do that through the Air National Guard web siteor call them at 1-800-ToGoANG (1-800-864-6264). You can also chat with a recruiter live by clicking on the "Chat" button.


How do I talk with an Online Recruiting Chat Operator?

The Air National Guard's recruitment web site features Online Chat Operators who can assist you with any questions you may have for ANG. ANG chat operators are available Monday thru Thursday, 11:00am-10:00pm EST and Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. Click on "Chat" in the menu options to access.
 Military Records

How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA) For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20408
 Noise Complaints

Noise Complaints

All complaints regarding noise should be referred to the 146th Airlift Wing's Public Affairs at 805-986-7420 or contact Base Operations at 805-986-7577.