Col. Timothy T. Martin is the Vice Commander, 146th Airlift Wing, Channel Island Air National Guard Base, Channel Islands, California. In September 1991, Colonel Martin enlisted in the United States Army.
Following his active duty tour he enlisted in the 174th Fighter Wing, New York Air National Guard as a Logistics Specialist. During this time Col. Martin was a civilian software engineer for Lockheed Martin, NE&SS, in Syracuse, NY. In April 2002, he received his commission from the Academy of Military Science in Knoxville, TN as a distinguished graduate and became the then Chief of Supply, 174th Logistics Readiness Squadron. In February 2006, Col. Martin was appointed as the Logistics Plans Flight OIC, Installation Deployment Officer. In April 2009, Col. Martin was appointed as the Aircraft Maintenance Operations Officer and fulltime director of maintenance of the 174th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron and in 2010 was assigned as the Commander, 174th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron. In October 2015, Col. Martin was assigned as the Chief, Program Integration Branch, Logistics Panel Chair at ANGRC, Joint Base Andrews, MD, where he was responsible for the programming, planning and budget execution for the Air National Guard’s annual weapon system sustainment, flying hour, transportation and logistics programs with requirements in excess of $5.1 billion dollars annually.
Prior to his current position, Col. Martin served as the Commander, 146th Maintenance Group where he was responsible for the supervision of over 250 maintenance personnel, the daily maintenance and mission support requirements for eight C-130J mobility assets and their associated support equipment valued at over 750 million dollars.
2001 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Mathematics, State University of New York, Oswego, NY
2002 Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Knoxville, TN
2003 Supply Management Officer Course, Lackland Air Force Base, TX
2006 Contingency Wartime Planners Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Squadron Officers School by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, TN
2010 Combat Wing Maintenance Officer Course, Langley AFB, VA
2011 Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions Officer Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2013 Air Command and Staff College Distance Learning Program, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Master of Arts Degree, Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Officer Munitions Orientation Course, Beale AFB, CA
2018 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2018 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2020 Master of Arts Degree, National Security and Strategic Studies, United States Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2020 Naval War College, United States Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
1. March 2002 – April 2002, Officer Candidate, Academy of Military Science, Knoxville, Tenn.
2. April 2002 – February 2006, Chief of Supply, 174th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Hancock Field, NY.
3. February 2006 – April 2009, OIC, Logistics Plans Flight, 174th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Hancock Field, NY.
4. April 2008 – Oct 2008, OIC Joint Logistics Operations Cell, Combined Joint Special Operations Command – Afghanistan
5. October 2009 – March 2010, Operations Officer, 174th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hancock Field, NY.
6. March 2010 – October 2015, Commander, 174th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hancock Field, NY.
7. October 2015 – October 2018, Chief, Program Integration Branch/Logistics Panel Chair, Logistics/Installations (NGB A-4/7), Joint Base Andrews, Md.
8. October 2018 – February 2019, National Guard Bureau Advise and Assist Team Chief, 156th Air Wing, Muniz IAP, Puerto Rico
9. February 2019 – July 2019, Acting Deputy Director for Logistics, Logistics and Installations (NGB A-4/7), JB Andrews, Md.
10. July 2019 – June 2020, Student, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
11. Jun 2020 – July 2021, Commander, 146th Maintenance Group, Channel Islands, CA
12. July 2021 – Present, Vice Commander, 146th Airlift Wing, Channel Islands, CA
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster