November Featured Airman of the Month
By Senior Airman Ashley Ramirez, 146th Airlift Wing
/ Published October 01, 2011
CHANNEL ISLANDS AIR NATIONAL GUARD STATION, Calif. -- The 146th Airlift Wing is proud to recognize Airman 1st Class Taj-Zsa Martin as Novermber's Featured Airman of the Month. As one of the newest members Aerospace Maintenance, Martin has stood out as an Airman who is ready to try anything and ready to learn. She is also the first female Airman of the Month for the 146th Airlift Wing. Congratulations A1C Martin!
1. When did you enlist in the Air Force, how long have you been in the service?
December 2009 and have been in 21 months
2.What motivated you to enlist in the Air Force?
Educational, career and social opportunities.
3. How has being an Airman changed your point of view on life?
That no matter what career choice you choose in the Air Force, as long as you wear this uniform you are a part of a FAMILY. No other job I have had has given me that.
4. What's the most important lesson you've learned in the military?
Pay attention to detail! Excellence in all I do!
5. What is your favorite part/memory about the Air Force?
Meeting amazing people that will be in my life for years to come.
6. If you could deploy anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Jamaica, for the gorgeous environment and friendly people.
7. If you could choose any Air Force job, which would it be? Why?
What I was fortunate enough to have been given... the opportunity to select "Crew Chief."
8. Where did you grow up?
Los Angeles, Lancaster and Hollywood
9. What is your civilian job?
Youth Correctional Counselor
10. What are your hobbies?
11. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I am piecing together the finishing touches on my poetry book manuscript.